Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Late Nights, Early Days

If there would be one question left for me at the end of my time it would be, why are my nights so late when the daylight begins so early?
You see it began long ago....likely in the womb of my mother.  I imagine she too had been daunted with the gift(?), or curse(?) of being a night owl.  I remember well as a little girl many times it seemed like magic that my mother would produce such incredible feats, such as making dresses for all us five girls, or getting all our clothes washed, and then to top it off she would have breakfast out just in time for school(not really on time but what the heck it sufficed to get us fed and on our way).  I just knew she  had elves stashed away somewhere and would sneak them out after our heads hit the sack.  Of course, that's why she always wanted us to go to bed so early!
Whether a curse or gift I suppose it is relative to our position in life.  I find often that it seems a curse in that I pay dearly in the cost of my health, not to mention my inability to function during the day at my best.
I used to believe that one of the reasons for wanting to stay up so late was sheer rebellion(from all those times I was made to go to bed at night).  Also I see it as time to myself!  I used to ask why then couldn't I go to bed early and get up early, well, you see my husband is an early riser and when I get up with him he likes to talk a lot.  I am not a talker in the mornings!  Pleeze!  Give me time to roll over and get some coffee!
So, why is it that I struggle to go to sleep at night earlier and rise with a fresh being?  No, it's not the end of my time but I still would like to know! Good night!

2 comments:

  1. maybe HE is poking you to reflect more?! Just a thought! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet Bonnie, thank you for your insight. Just saw this and thanks for your post!

    ReplyDelete